Monday, April 28, 2014

Blog 20: Exit Interview

1) EQ: What is the best way Hippotherapy can help a child with a developmental disorder achieve a normal walk cycle?
Answers: -by realigning their gait.
                -by providing a more appealing alternative to standard physical therapy.
                -by being used in conjunction with standard physical therapy.
Best: Realigning gait. It's the medical reason why Hippotherapy works. Everything else is secondary.

2) Simply reviewing articles and going through the orientation at Leaps and Bounds told me my answer.

3) Problems I faced included my mentor taking maternity leave, not having enough articles before the library visit, trying to come up with secondary and tertiary answers, and coming up with Independent Components. The first two issues solved themselves, and the others were helped when my mentor came back and I actually had someone to talk to about the topic.

4) The first significant source, assuming it counts, is my mentorship experience at Leaps and Bounds, Norco. Simply observing and participating in the process gave me a clearer understanding than my articles gave me. My second best source is the article titled Hippotherapy by Gary Meregillano. It's the top result on a library search for the topic, and with good reason. It's the most relevant and explanatory article that could be provided. I would cite a huge study done on Hippotherapy that provides more proof that it works, but such a thing does not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment